It’s been a long time since I last posted and I have a few updates.
Long story short, one of my dogs chewed up my laptop charger. The keyboard on my laptop with a broken screen randomly deleted text when I typed, so that was a no go. I finally got a new charger a few days prior to this and I’m happy to be able to type again.
So, here are a few ‘little’ updates:
- Blu is changing jobs. He’s going from a job that pays by commission to one that pays hourly. That’ll be a huge help.
- We have a new car. Blu constantly complains about it.
- I still have no idea if one of the mares are pregnant. It’s starting to look like Rose is, but who knows.
- Donkey has been getting into my pasture. StarBuck hasn’t been happy about it.
- StarBuck got a Jolly Ball. He loves it, but he was mad it’s blueberry scented and not flavored. We used to buy the inflatable kids’ bouncy balls with the handle, but this one will last so much longer.
So, this is something I wanted to type out fully. I’m not down to only five chickens, but that number will rise soon. I caught the hatching bug again, which always happens in spring. Jazzy, Henrietta, Blizzard, a little cross breed hen with no name, and Brick (that pretty Easter Egger I talked about in the last post) are still with me. A good friend has ordered an assortment of eggs for me from Meyer Hatchery (same place I ordered chicks from) for the BYC Easter Hatch-a-Long. I’m hoping for some great breeds from the assortment. For right now I’m running a test batch that I don’t expect much out of. They’re mostly so I can make sure everything is perfect for the EHAL.
So, just what happened to the rest of my flock? I sold them to start another project and I hope to have pictures up soon. The project isn’t complete yet, so I don’t want to spoil it yet. A little more time and little less rain and it’ll be done. In the mean time, it’s spring in Alabama and I’ve enjoyed an early planting season for carrots and radishes. The pecan trees agree with the rest of the trees, it’s spring.