This past week has been a rough one with all the things going on in the States. Here at home we’re watching and scowling at our idiot officials and the weather.
- Everyone knows what’s going on with Charleston situation. I’m not commenting on that. We all know it’s a tragedy.
- The Confederate flag is getting snatched down everywhere in the south as a result. I don’t care if they remove it from statehouses. It has no place there, but removing it from memorials is just plain wrong. Which leads me to…
- Here in Alabama (if we’re lucky) a county official may end up going to jail for grave robbing. You just don’t take thing off of people’s graves. I don’t care if you don’t like that they’re a certain flag, that is a Confederate Cemetery. Leave it alone.
- The weather here has sucked big time. It’s been in the 90s and my cold hardy breeds hate it.
- Dad’s duck hen is laying again. She’s laid 2 clutches this year. One was lost when something ran her off the nest. The second yielded 14 chicks: one failed to thrive and 9 were lost to an unknown sickness. That leaves 4 healthy ducklings. She has never laid after a good hatch before. We’ll see where this goes.
I also have some videos for y’all. I took them today while I was getting everyone fed. I release a few more over the next few days. Excuse the stuttering, I got really hot.